This airborne capture system uses a portable computer with multiple drives for capturing high resolution images at low frame rate all day long. In this instance, the camera to be used will be a 29MP camera link camera in 12 bit mode. Frame rate on the camera is 5 fps for a total data rate of 290 MB/second. Over an 8 hour day this represents over 8 Terabytes.
Customer constraints were based on capturing in Raid10 for data redundancy.
Norpix has proposed using Streampix with the GPS module and a portable computer from ACME. The Streampix software can easily capture video data from the camera with GPS tagging and time stamping to disk in uncompressed format. Norpix proposed to our reseller the use of the ACME computer which allows the use of normal high capacity hard disk drives in a portable format.
- Each drive is over 4 Terrabytes
- ACME computer can fit 7 drives
- Total capture capacity is 28 Terrabytes
- Raid setup is Raid5 to provide some data protection, but Raid 10 can also be used by reducing capacity
- ACME provides hot swap capabilities permitting the customer to easily change disks
- Power source between 12 and 28 Volts DC for helicopter use.